The University of Bradford is proud to announce the successful delivery of a series of sponsored academic lectures in Kenya during July. This was in support of their global internationalisation strategy and long term ambition to work closely with leading African partners in both the academic and commercial sectors. The lectures were presented by Dr Andrew Caruthers, Senior Lecturer in Operations Management in the Faculty of Engineering and Informatics and who has long experience of working in Africa.
The Universities and Commercial partners receiving the lectures included:
Kenya Power & Lightning Company (KPLC) – ‘Project Management, Manufacturing of the Airbus A380’ and ‘The Building of the London Olympics 2012
The University of Nairobi – ‘Aviation Law and Open Skies’
Dedan Kimathi University – ‘African Manufacturing and Frugal Engineering’
Institute of Engineers, Kenya (IEK) – ‘African Manufacturing and Frugal Engineering’
Kenyatta University – ‘Aviation Law and Open Skies’ and ‘Manufacturing of the Airbus A380’
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology – ‘African Manufacturing and Frugal Engineering’
Town & County Planners Association of Kenya (TCPAK) – ‘Project Management, The Building of the London Olympics 2012’
Institute of Engineers, Kenya (IEK) Women Engineers Chapter – ‘Why so few? Encouraging women in Engineering.
Dr Andrew Carruthers
Senior Lecturer in Operations Management, University of Bradford
- Project Management -The building of the London Olympics 2012
- Project management – Manufacturing of the Airbus A380
- Women in Engineering – case studies of highly successful women in engineering and career paths
- Frugal Engineering – low cost investment innovations to stimulate a nations manufacturing sector
- Aviation Law – following the history of aviation and how international law is manipulated by nations
To request PDF copies of the lecture notes for any or all of the above lectures, please complete the request form.